Pick up tube??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Robin, Jun 22, 2009.

  1. Robin

    Robin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 15

    I have a 26 gallon ZTR mounted spray tank for boom spraying several yards. The pick up tube for the chemical line is off to one side of the tank, when I get near the end (last four or five gallons)of the tank if I happen to be on a slight slope the pump will not pick up the chemical. For those of you with a similar set up what have you done to cure this? Maybe some type of floating pickup line that moves with the liquid inside the tank? I would just as soon not mix more than I need to just make sure the tank stays full enough for the pump to pick up the chemical.
  2. Terraformer

    Terraformer LawnSite Member
    Messages: 184

    Here's a thought. Aerobatic aircraft use what is called a "flop tube" in their fuel tanks. It follow the movement of the fuel through all the gyrations the aircraft performs. Check out aircraftspruce.com for purchase or examples of flop tubes. A google search may also yield some usable information.

Share This Page