Picked up a new Stihl HT 131 and BR 600 Magnum today

HLM HustlerZ

LawnSite Member
Glad to add a Stihl HT 131 Telescoping Pole Pruner to my setup yesterday. Looked at the HT 101 which is the smaller 31.4 cc pruner but for only $50 more I chose to get the HT 131 that's the 36.3 cc. Actually looked a 2 huskys extended trimmers before I bought the stihl, but they didn't really look 'beefy' enough.

Also, picked up a new BR 600 magnum with the Pruner...February specials!

Already used the Pruner probably 2 hours -seems to have plenty of power. What experience do you guys have with telescoping pruners, brands, etc.?

professional

LawnSite Member
I have both of those units. My br is a magnum. I have had it two seasons and it has done well. I got the 131 about a month ago and I am very impressed. It's my first pole saw, so I can not compare it to anything. It cuts through branches way easier and faster than I thought it would. It's funny, because I'll go through cutting branches and when I put the machine down to go back and clean up my mess, everything is much heavier and larger than it looked fifteen feet off the ground.:laugh:

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
My br 600 magnum works great. It has TONS of power.
I just can't justify paying $760 for a tool that is only a pole pruner.
Instead I just bought a Kombisystem 110r with a pole pruner, trimmer, hedge trimmer
(don't remember how much I paid) :)

scotts lawn care

LawnSite Senior Member
The BR 600 is light and has very good power too. A great combo for a backpack blower.

Congrats on your new equipment!

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
The 131 is a nice peice. More then enough to prune out any tree.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
H

HLM HustlerZ

LawnSite Member
My br 600 magnum works great. It has TONS of power.
I just can't justify paying $760 for a tool that is only a pole pruner.
Instead I just bought a Kombisystem 110r with a pole pruner, trimmer, hedge trimmer
(don't remember how much I paid) :)
Yeah, I know equipment is higher in parts of Canada. I paid $625 walkout for the 131 pruner, part of some of Stihl's February specials. The Kombi system is probably the best multi-tool on the market, my Dad's got one -seems to work great! I do like that's pretty lightweight and the hedge trimmer works is a nice attachment!

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah, I know equipment is higher in parts of Canada. I paid $625 walkout for the 131 pruner, part of some of Stihl's February specials. The Kombi system is probably the best multi-tool on the market, my Dad's got one -seems to work great! I do like that's pretty lightweight and the hedge trimmer works is a nice attachment!
Wow! $625.00 only? I would buy one tomorrow!
Even though my kombisystem is working out great!
I traded in my fs90r and paid the difference.

OP
H

HLM HustlerZ

LawnSite Member
Wow! $625.00 only? I would buy one tomorrow!
Even though my kombisystem is working out great!
I traded in my fs90r and paid the difference.

Yeah, right at $625 USD. Are you using the Canadian dollar, because I think the USD is slightly stronger that may equate for part of the difference in price?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah, right at $625 USD. Are you using the Canadian dollar, because I think the USD is slightly stronger that may equate for part of the difference in price?
I use the Canadian dollar for example take gas: the gas here today is CAD$ 1.30L so things do cost a lot more in Canada.

blake101

LawnSite Senior Member
Have both, love both, can't beat them. I think I paid 650 for my pole about 6 months ago.