• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Picked up my first hydro today!

yz250fpilot

LawnSite Member
I bought my mower the other day, but just went and picked it up today. Toro 36" Pistol Grip Hydro.

I drove it around today when I got home, and all I can say is....wow. This is a very fine machine.

It's replacing a 21" Toro that was used on gated yards. I think this is going to be one very productive year.

I love new toys! :)

Ferdelance

LawnSite Member
You made the right decision on buying a hydro first. Most people, including myself bought a belt drive first, not realizing how much easier a hydro mower is to handle and is way more productive.

kppurn

LawnSite Senior Member
Congrats on your new purchase!

You should be more productive now. I have a belt drive Toro 36" and when the day comes to replace it, I'll get a hydro.

I ran all hydros when I was working for someone else, but the lower cost of the belt drive is why I started with it. I would take a hydro over a belt drive any day. Good luck with it!

OP
yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by kppurn
Congrats on your new purchase!

You should be more productive now. I have a belt drive Toro 36" and when the day comes to replace it, I'll get a hydro.

I ran all hydros when I was working for someone else, but the lower cost of the belt drive is why I started with it. I would take a hydro over a belt drive any day. Good luck with it!
I was actually going to go with a belt drive, but when the dealer gave me the price of $2599 for the hydro, I had no reason to buy the belt drive. It was a very good deal and too hard to pass up! I love the reverse...!

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
The first time that I bought a hydro, I promised myself that I would never go back to a belt

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
Good well rounded purchase yz250fpilot. Even if you decide adding a bigger mower in the future, that 36" will always have a place in your mower fleet. Have fun with your new toy :)