1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up my new Fastrak yesterday...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by AndHeDrew, May 11, 2005.

1. AndHeDrew

AndHeDrew LawnSite Member

I tried to convince her that this thing was a NEED. But the machine that sat before my wife only strengthened her conviction that my (notice I didn't say OUR) newest purchase was really a means of either:
    A. Showing up my neighbors or B. Fulfilling a want for a new toy

And so she was even less happy than I expected about my new machine.

While my new Fastrak DOES do both of those things it is not for those reasons that I sold my year-old JD lawn tractor for a hefty loss in order to purchase it. The real reason I bought this machine (Fastrak 18/52 Honda) was to cut down on my mowing time. With my tractor it took me over 2 hours to mow my roughly 2 acres of grass. I expected to be able to cut out a chunk of that with my new Fastrak but was preparing myself for disappointment as I was not believing the hype generated on this forum. I am happy to say that my first time cutting my overgrown lawn (it grew for 2 weeks between before I was able to receive my new mower) took a total of 55 minutes! Very fast and cut through tall grass like butter. And it was a hell of a lot of fun. Which only upset my wife even more.

Spending nearly $5000 on a residential lawn mower hurts... but knowing what I know now I don't think I could ever go back to a lawn tractor. Its like comparing an 8-track to a compact disk. A black and white television to a plasma TV. A rotary-dial phone to a cell phone. You get the point. But then I'm sure I'm not telling anyone here anything they didn't already know.

Now, to convince my wife that I need a trailer (so I can haul my new Fastrak around), stripe kit, and maybe seat spring...

A suggestion to mowerconsultant... How about tossing in a hat and tshirt with each purchase? Help us to advertise your product! :)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We leave that up to the dealers out there..... that would be a ton of shirts and hats!....lol...lol... :)

Pj

3. jutoyz

jutoyz LawnSite Member

That was the exact same reaction I got from my wife when I bought my Fastrak three years ago. But she was much more supportive when I traded it for a SuperMini Z last summer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did.

4. bcayes

bcayes LawnSite Member

The right wife would be fighting you for the keys so she could mow the lawn! I take that back, I'd rather she just enjoy the beautiful lawn and let me have the fun of driving the mower.