• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Picked up my new Lastec 61"

bart may

LawnSite Senior Member
Mowed today with it and am impressed! I bought the mower sight unseen but talked to some golf courses and others who use them. I couldn't believe were I could mow with this thing. It's really hard to scalp anything. I took it were I usually have to use a 44". I hope it becomes a time saver and money maker for me.

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
I would love to have one but my dealer is 3 hours away. I never had a new machine that didn't have a bunch of problems. Which machine did you get? Keep us posted please.

OP
B

bart may

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought the 61" with a 28 efi kohler. My closest dealer is 2 hours away and they are brand new. My local mechanics have been great about working on things. Engines, hydros, ect... are almost all the same so they can work on many different things. I hope for minimal problems though. So far I'm excited.

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
I bought the 61" with a 28 efi kohler. My closest dealer is 2 hours away and they are brand new. My local mechanics have been great about working on things. Engines, hydros, ect... are almost all the same so they can work on many different things. I hope for minimal problems though. So far I'm excited.
Did you get the fixed deck or the articulating?

OP
B

bart may

LawnSite Senior Member
Articulating and it is amazing what you can get away with. Burms, gullys or whatever it's really hard to make it scalp.,