1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pickup Sideboards

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jsbmaine, Dec 23, 2005.

1. jsbmaine

jsbmaine LawnSite Member

Anyone have sideboards that work with a crossover toolbox? I'm trying to figure a way to put sideboards on that don't interfere with my toolbox, but still let me tarp a load of sawdust....

I can build out of wood, and I also have a welder, so either way would work.

Jeff

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Look for pics posted from PremierLandscaping (Mark made some for his)

3. MOZE4MUNY

MOZE4MUNY LawnSite Member
    from NW Fla

What sort of box do you have, single lid, gull wing? Do you want access while the side boards are in use? I think you could use PremierLandscaping or some of the others on this site as inspiration for a useful creation of your own. Make sure you post photos. Good luck.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=53769&highlight=sideboards

4. jsbmaine

jsbmaine LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice,

I'm trying to find a way to put them on and still have access to the box. It's a single lid crossover. I'm thinking maybe if I put a back rack on, then weld up brackets that the boards would bolt to- essentially two piece sideboards so that the front, shorter piece would just come off with wingnuts to get into the box.

That way, I could leave the long sections on (similar to Mark's) all the time, and just put the short sections and a piece above the tailgate for hauling loose stuff.