1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

pics of feilds

Discussion in 'Sports Field Maintenance' started by kreft, May 4, 2007.

1. beaglegun

beaglegun LawnSite Member

What kind of grass and what variety?

2. coach24

coach24 LawnSite Member

For those of you all who have asked questions, I am not sure of the kind of bluegrass that was originally on the field when I got here. however, we are using Hogan seed's "Hogan's Alley KY Bluegrass Blend" the exact % of which I will check on before I post.

The soil makeup is a variety of sand and loam, but it's fairly inconsistent, being a lot more clay based down the left field line, and much more sand-heavy down in right field. When the field was built, some of the native soil was mixed with the trucked-in composition. What I've found is soil samples vary in location and it's been a hard thing to evenly fertilize because part of the field reacts differently than others.

The infield is a clay based surface. I mixed in 22 tons of calcined clay last winter and it has become a bit too soupy since. I plan on adding 25-50 tons of alabama red clay within the year. The conditioner is Mule Mix, colored Red.

here are a couple more pics!

I'll be happy to answer any more specific questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last spring in the snow!
    [​IMG]

3. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

That Snow Shot Is A Grammy

4. coach24

coach24 LawnSite Member

5. Baseballer1100

Baseballer1100 LawnSite Member

Talk about a nice looking squib.

6. coach24

coach24 LawnSite Member

thanks, jub jub

7. Patatoe1

Patatoe1 LawnSite Member

Hey Coach in the second picture of your last set of pictures how do you stripe like that?

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really nice guys. That picture with the snow is pretty cool.

9. rockytop00

rockytop00 LawnSite Member

Nice fields... especially like the corn one. How do you cut corn with a mower? Must be complicated eh?

10. beaglegun

beaglegun LawnSite Member

Pics are in Oct after a Sept renovation. Ky bluegrass/per ryegrass. New Ky bluegrass sod on the sides.

1st Base.jpg

Home.jpg

Mound.jpg