Pics of Leaf Truck Storage.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Picking up a Scag/GV loader shortly. Will be hauled by truck w/dump body and leaf box. Need storage for 3X bp blowers, 2X rakes and 2X heavy duty 12’X10’ tarps.

Presumably this will involve tongue fabrication. Pics if you got any.

OP
T

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Fabricator wants a huge box on a modified tongue. Cha Ching. Or I do what did w/last loader; pull it w/double cab and throw bp's etc in the back seat. Rakes easily mounted to loader. But prefer single cab to keep length down.

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
Sir. If you look at pictures you’ll see the setups are a little different. I stack in back of truck and blow into bri mar. Now the cross members are 1” emt conduit bent with a hand bender and couplings. They are stacked in the front as picture shows in 4” pvc holders but hole sawed out evenly in the wood to make as ribs. I wasn’t sure if gv meant the tow behind or tongue mounted but the last picture is the frame i built i fork into back of truck if ya need some dimensions. I use a 60”x8” circular duct pipe to put under tarp to get it into trailer.

870301B4-44D9-43A9-BF97-088994A3E86F.jpeg

E72E819A-89F5-412C-A90A-DA64F59E3BD9.jpeg

9D5A6365-7581-4F55-95CC-636C4F6B28F1.jpeg

OP
T

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Looks good but yes. Tow behind loader going into truck bed/box. So only viable storage for blowers etc is on the vac or on modified tongue.

Or do like Municipal and truck the equip separately.

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
Looks good but yes. Tow behind loader going into truck bed/box. So only viable storage for blowers etc is on the vac or on modified tongue.

Or do like Municipal and truck the equip separately.
Get yourself some inch and 5 unistrut, and 3/8ths starting and bottom taps. Make a rack, use lock washers. Also the other remedy is using inch and 5 unistrut and u bolts (stainless) for the tongue. Pick yourself square washers and spring nuts and my friend you can really really really build a nice rack.

OP
T

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Sorta. But loader comes wheeled for towing so there’s possibility of modifying tongue which is probably only place bp’s could really ride

OP
T

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
relied on Municipal vacs past 7 yrs. They cutting back to 2 visits per street with pushed back schedule and no commitment to return if early snow. Not chancing that.

Set-up prior to that was 35hp Wisconsin/GV tow behind into truck-craft box. Rakes, gas cans mounted on tongue and bp’s riding in back cab of dbl cab. Want to run single cab this time to keep length down.