Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice equipment you have there! How do you like that Exmark? I'm planning on buying a walk behind next year, and I haven't decided between Toro and Exmark. I'm leaning toward the Exmark.

What part of North Georgia are you in? I'm from Ellijay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mad, I'm in Adairsville bout an hour away. I love the TTHP. IMHO the ECS is king. If you ever plan on being down my way shoot me a pm, we might be able to get together and I let ya run it to see what you think.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Josh, you can't go wrong with the 260. Mine is the non-pro which that means it doesn't have the comp release or adjustable oiler. But the 260 is the one that stays on the trailer at all times while the 390 stays at the shop. The 260 is a little pricey but for an lco its really the only one you need. I only bought the 390 because I got a really good deal on it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Josh, you can't go wrong with the 260. Mine is the non-pro which that means it doesn't have the comp release or adjustable oiler. But the 260 is the one that stays on the trailer at all times while the 390 stays at the shop. The 260 is a little pricey but for an lco its really the only one you need. I only bought the 390 because I got a really good deal on it.
what's lco? And adjustable oiler? how died it compare to 390? is it light?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lco - lawn care operator
adjustable oiler allows you to adjust the amount of oil the pump puts on the bar - you can turn it down while running shorter bar and turn it up for longer ones.

The 260 won't run with the 390 but heck look at the difference in engine sizes. Unless your planning on cutting alot of large stuff the 260 would be great. The only reason the 390 comes out of the shop is when I need to pull a 25" bar for large trees. I do have an 18" for it that stays on it in the case. The 260 has a 16" bar and its light and nimble enough to do whatever I need.

·
Registered
479 Posts
thanks. I think Im going to sell my ms180c miniboss and keep farm boss (ms290) for now and see what happens. See how much work I pick up. I use my chainsaw more then anything else I have. And I want to get into a lot of chainsaw work so ill see how tired I get using ms290 all day.

I do have RM chain on 290. 20 inch bar.

heres a video of it.

and ms180:

mazybe ill keep 180 and modify it. And learn how to clean gas line, etc.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.