Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 229 Posts
You started a thread! Everything looks good, especially that outdoor kitchen & bar. :drinkup:
I love track machine skids, especially that 257. Do you use that for plowing also?

It's not often you see companies grow that are partnerships, I tried it last year and it was a disaster but after going through all that it feels like this year is year 1 once again and I have a fresh start but already have some clients.
I know we're somewhat in the same market but if you don't mind me asking, what type of advertising have you guys used that worked the best?

Also, what kind of paver is your driveway? Looks damn good! EEspecially with the soldier course.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Marketing to this point besides last year was 90% word of mouth. We do flyers in newspaper boxes everyspring but mostly to give guys something to do it has a small return. I have lived in teh same area my whole life. (28 years old) so it helps a bit. Be involved in the community in different ways. One of our best things was I joined a BNI group 4 or 5 years ago. Very slow at first but you start to develop great relationships that are now paying off.

Thanks on the drive it is anchor charleston pavers. Non tumbled. Millstone color with charcoal border.

This yr will be my 3rd yr in business and word of mouth has been non-existent so far. I've been doing a good amt of networking so far this yr though which is always positive. But I really need to get Into a BNI group. I know you had told me about the one you're in this fall, it sounds like a good investment.
I'm going to do 2500 EDDM postcards this spring so hopefully that'll have a good yield and it'll perpetuate some word of mouth.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #33 ·
We are going to try EDDM this spring also. We are putting together a marketing plan starting on monday.
Some items on the list are EDDM, cold calls/bidding to specific properties, join another BNI, website revamp and so on.

Looks like we have a similar plan. I redid my website already but will be cold calling/bidding as many commercial places near Champlin/North BP/Maple Grove/Ramsey as possible. It seems to have worked for me so far, that's how I landed my commercial sites for plowing this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard that landscape maintenance bidding generally egins in February? Depending on the property and contract they have in place, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like we have a similar plan. I redid my website already but will be cold calling/bidding as many commercial places near me as possible. It seems to have worked for me so far, that's how I landed my commercial sites for plowing this year. I have heard that landscape maintenance bidding usually begins in February
Posted via Mobile Device
do you just call up and ask for the bid? i just dropped off a bid yesturday after meeting with the branch manager prior to that. and im also having my website built from scratch. right now im just using weebly.

I ask for whomever is in charge of the property's landscape maintenance/snow removal. I then ask them if they're accepting bids for said services, if they are, I get my proposalffinalized and then emailed to the contact person I have and if they like my bid, I send them the contract and we're set.

Ryde, what equipment do you guys use for fert/weed control?
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #38 ·
We do like Jcontracting said in terms of some commercials. Lots of calling and dead ends but sometimes you get where you need to. Also picked a few sites and just create a bid mail it in then call 24-48hrs later follow up and see if they received it or had any questions.

For fert we have a permagreen. Bought a new one last season. Its ok a few things I wish it was better at. Thinking of switching and trying a zspray this season.

We are getting and ice storm right now so heading out to salt and hoping it turns to snow soon.

The latest NWS forecast is stating that several inches are possible after this rain. Snow is starting to fall as I type this in Champlin.
How is the permagreen with spraying? It seems like theyd be rly fast with granular but would take a while to cover the same amt of ground when spraying.

I'd say with cold calling I'm about 1 for 7 or 8 in regards to actually submitting a bid.
Posted via Mobile Device

21 - 40 of 229 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.