1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures in posts, again..

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by AltaLawnCare, Sep 13, 2001.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

When I try to insert a pic by pressing the IMG button , I get this:
    [​IMG]

Also how can you change the size and insert multiple pictures in a post.
    Thanks.

2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

The image location your provided is invalid... that's why it is a broken image.

Pierre-Luc

3. AltaLawnCare

If I hit "HTTP" the location works. Do I need a special location for the pictures? They are on Webshots now.

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same problem. Thats why I use Webshots now.:D

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason why you are actually having problems is that you gave a link to a webpage...(http://community.webshots.com/photo/21304823/21305466vKVpZBWxBD) ...there is no extension to you link that the forum software recognizes as a picture. (*.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg.etc.) So it can not post it as a image.

You should get the link directly from the picture.

This is the picture you tried to post

[​IMG]

With a PC, right-click and selected properties and there you we see the direct location of the image.

I hope that helps.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

That mower didn't come from my Grandma's house did it :D She had one like that years ago. Of course it was in a little better shape then. She lives just few miles down the road from ya there Billy.

7. AltaLawnCare

Thanks, Allen that was exactly what I was looking for..I think I can figure it out now.

Uh...
    Keith, I don't think soo -- those little snappers are all over the place here!:)