Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some pics of stripes; Top pic is from my Bobcat, bottom 2 are those infamous Steiner stripes, & yes, they have been striped the same direction before. The bottom 2 pics are at the same place as the other post with pics of the hills. It also is the same place I went muddin' when I got my ATV tires put on my Z.
Let's see some of you other guy's work! Stripes rule....

[Edited by Eric ELM on 08-20-2000 at 09:23 PM]

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put automotive aftermarket lights on it (55 watt!) & it lights up the night. Those are black light covers on there now, kinda like hidden headlights. :)

·
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
4,830 Posts
Try looking at my website on the striping page and it explains how to stripe with picture links so you can see me mowing. Also you can see it in Smitty's pictures how to stripe. If that doesn't help, email me. You can get to my website by clicking on my signiture. Hope this helps.

·
4,830 Posts
When I uploaded Yardsmiths pictures to a site, I was in a hurry and didn't check the size. I see it is 937 KB compared to 52 KB on my picture. Is his loading real slow with a phone modem? If so, some one let me know so I can reduce them in resolution so they load faster. With DSL, it loads fast, so I can't tell. If they are loading OK, I'll just leave it. Waiting to hear the verdict. Thanks

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
The stripes on the lawns seem to have more light and dark contrast when the sun is at a low angle.(morning or evening)
Nice pictures!! They look great!!!!

·
4,830 Posts
I reduced them from 937 KB to 70 KB, so they should load faster now on a phone modem. BTW, nice stripes Smitty and Kirby. Now it's time for others to join in on this. I know about everyone has a camera. If anyone doesn't know how to do this, maybe this Old Dog can teach you a new trick!! :) With Chucks permission, maybe we can start a Thread on puter lawn photo lessons or even better, a forum. :)

·
Banned
2,079 Posts
How do we know these lawns are actually cut by the
guys who are posting the pics?

I think in the future to validate the photo you must
have yourself in the foreground while holding the front page
of a major daily newspaper.

·
4,830 Posts
I have 3 pictures of me mowing on my website, but how do you know it's me. MowEd is the only one from this forum I have met, so at least he knows it's me. Next time he comes down, I'll have to get him to come watch me mow them so he can verify it's the lawns I mow. That would have to be as boring as watching the grass grow. :)

·
4,830 Posts
As you probably know, you have to upload your pictures to a website and then you put the link to it on a post. To do this you use these brackets []with img in between, then the link, then /img in brackets [] at the end. You can see exactly how to do this by clicking on vB code, go down to Adding Images and it explaines it all. vB code is easier than HTML code, but if you want to use it instead, you can. If I put the actual line of vB code in here, it would turn into a picture and you wouldn't see the code. I hope this helps. If not, I can email you the actual code to add your picture if you email me the location of your picture. I uploaded yardsmiths pictures and sent him the code to paste to his post.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.