1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

pigtail cover

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sweetz, Jun 13, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ,
    What is the part # for the pigtail cover that you were telling me about?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Pigtail cover?
    Are you talking about the under frame clutch guard we were talking about for the full frame Hustler Z and Super's?
    There is not a clutch guard for your unit, it sits higher up than the Hustler Z / Super Z.

3. sweetz

My fault, I couldn't find our old conversation in here, but I thought that you said that there was a cover for the 36".

4. sweetz

PJ, You did not say that it was for full frame HUSTLERS. You did make me look like an idiot though when I told my dealer about it after you misinformed me about it. Thank you though for all that you have done for me.

This is what I said:
    "O.K., this is B.S. My new 36" Mini-Z only has 22.8 hours on it & I believe that the clutch for turning the blades on & off is already gone!!! I was going to turn the blades on to mow one of my accounts and "click.....click.....click...." that's all I could get the PTO button to do!!!!!!!!!!

Needles to say, I was pi**ed!

I have a full day of mowing to do do tomorrow & Friday. I'll be at my dealer BEFORE they open tomorrow to make sure that I'm first in line! How long does it take to change out a clutch? Why did this go so fast? Do you think it was just a faulty part from the beginning????"

This is what you said:
    "We do offer a optional plate that bolts up under the clutch assembly area.
    I don't have the part # here with me right now, I will post it alter this evening.

Pj"

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If I recall correctly there were other posts in that thread regarding the full framed units that someone was inquiring about, that is where my post was directed.
    I just looked at it...
    I was responding to djlawn in that thread in regards to the clutch protector.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=225107
    Sorry for the confusion.

Pj

6. drbrichy

drbrichy LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

..."You did make me look like an idiot though"...

hehe...sorry too late for that...