1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Pin Dee 3.3 T&O

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by WeedTamer, Mar 15, 2020.

1. WeedTamer

WeedTamer LawnSite Member

Does anyone have experience with this product? Thinking about trying it out but not able to find much information on it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

Pendimethalin. Probably the cheapest and shortest lasting pre-m around. The bargain/ bottom of the barrel companies still use this religiously. Anyone with any knowledge has moved on long ago.

gbobcatr likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    WeedTamer

Thanks for the info. I’m very new to this but the local supplier recommended it so was just curious cause I can’t find hardly any info about it.

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

What do you intend to use it for?

Every product has it's pros and cons

Veeewy messy as Elmer would say

5. OP
    OP
    WeedTamer

Preemergent for crabgrass mainly and the few others it says it controls. Crabgrass is the main problem in my yard though. Have you had any experience with it?

6. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

I don't think it's completely useless. I've had good results on sites infested by puncture vine when I used it, where others failed.

For crabgrass and lawns though I prefer prodiamine (Barricade) and dithiopyr (Dimension.)

7. OP
    OP
    WeedTamer

Those are the two I’ve heard the most about but was just curious about the pin dee because the local supplier recommended it. I think I will go with your suggestions. Appreciate the help.

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

To cut to the chase, no I would not use it

9. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Senior Member

I see your in Oklahoma, if your supplier is Winfield or bwi, they also should have suggested surflan as a option as well as barricade and dimension as previously mentioned!

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If the price is right...use it.
    Scotts has used pendimethalin for 20 years at least.
    They probably own the only factory.
    Be sure to use enough--do not skimp--no light coverage.
    In fact, with any product, it is a good idea to walk extra slow in areas that are crabgrass-prone--or known to have a crabgrass problem.
    Employees can seldom be trusted to do this. Owner-operated operations that have data on the crabgrass infestations from previous years, can up the rate to the maximum allowed.
    Calibrate your spreader so that you can open up the spreader to two notches higher for "short-cut" areas, if the label allows.

Jeff@diyokc likes this.