Pine Needles Survey

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 29, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

No. Arent pine needles naturally acidic? Wont that harm many plants? Besides it looks like crap, they have no moisture holding value. JMO.

Justin

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely interested !!!

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

If anyone wants tips one the correct way to spread it, let me know. We go through over 100 bales a week. This week, we have already put down over 500 bales, even though one deal was for 250 bales.....I have tons of pics and have posted some in other threads. I wonder how much they will charge per bale, and if the price is right I will be willing the travel and delivery 2000 plus bales per drop.

4. emv yardworx

emv yardworx LawnSite Member

Pine needles do change soil ph. Pine needles are harder to clean than dried mulch as well. I am curious how the application fits anything? This is my first reply to anything on lawnsite. I am located in Canada, and pine trees are abundant.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Sell pine needles! LMAO Keep it south, unless we can sell them and then charge to clean them up after the customers sees they look like sh!t!! :hammerhead:

Tell me how you can effectively sell and ship me the amount of pine needles we would need, and still be cost effective? It's impossible, I would have to question if you have been smoking some of them or not.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Around here they pay us to get rid of them

7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Here too, come on down, I can fix ya up with about 5 pickup truck loads twice a year. free if you bring the lawn vac :drinkup:

8. ThorVentures

ThorVentures LawnSite Member

Small bales here run from $4 to $7 depending on where you buy them. We only offer them for back yard woodland areas. Most people want hardwood mulch. I've got a subcontractor who has a mulch blower truck that holds up to 40 yards. I use him for the big jobs.

9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Sounds like us northeast guys should sell them down south. Up here we get paid to get rid of pine needles. No one wants them.

That would be a great business. We get paid to get rid of them and paid for them.

10. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

My only thoughts to this is the spread of disease. Mulch/Pine needles should only be used from the area(city/Township) that they originated. Up here in Canada we are now dealing with Emerald Ash Boer and Small Pine Beetle which is creating major devastation for land owners who are being forced to clear there land bacause of these diseases. We are not even allowed to transport wood for camoing anymore into all Provincial parks and most private campgrounds. So my only advise is look into regulations and don't try and make a quick dollar as it costs us all in the end.