1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

pine tree question???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that has 22 acres of open un-occupied land, and he wants me to quote him on planting between 100 and 200 "little" pine trees, his goal is to sit on this property for a while and sell it as a investment property. the trees would be just there for looks. Ok my question is how much should i expect to pay for a 12" pine tree and how much should i charge for installing this many. Its fairly good soil no rocks or clay.. thanks in advance

Rich

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

St. Clair Co. Soil Conservation District is having a tree sale this April. You can get 2-2 transplants for about $1 ea. They also have seedlings that are cheaper.

3. Scenic Lawnscape

what exatly are these? compared to seedilings

Rich

4. Grassmechanic

Sorry, I should have explained. They are 4 year old trees that have spent their first 2 years in a seedbed, then transplanted and grown for an additional 2 years. Depending on the species, they are anywhere from 12" - 18" tall.

5. Scenic Lawnscape

when is this sale?

6. Grassmechanic

Towards the end of April. Maybe 16,17, or 18.