• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

pine tree question???

Scenic Lawnscape

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a customer that has 22 acres of open un-occupied land, and he wants me to quote him on planting between 100 and 200 "little" pine trees, his goal is to sit on this property for a while and sell it as a investment property. the trees would be just there for looks. Ok my question is how much should i expect to pay for a 12" pine tree and how much should i charge for installing this many. Its fairly good soil no rocks or clay.. thanks in advance

Rich

Grassmechanic

LawnSite Silver Member
St. Clair Co. Soil Conservation District is having a tree sale this April. You can get 2-2 transplants for about $1 ea. They also have seedlings that are cheaper.

Grassmechanic

LawnSite Silver Member
Sorry, I should have explained. They are 4 year old trees that have spent their first 2 years in a seedbed, then transplanted and grown for an additional 2 years. Depending on the species, they are anywhere from 12" - 18" tall.

Grassmechanic

LawnSite Silver Member
Towards the end of April. Maybe 16,17, or 18.