1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pinestraw price by the truck load?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Feb 1, 2005.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering what you all are paying for pinestraw in large amounts by the truck load? I am talking 1000+ bales at a time. The cheapest I have been able to find is $3.00 a bale. Is anyone getting it a significant amount cheaper then that or is that the going rate? If you know of a company that has real good quality pinestraw that can deliver several thousand bales at a time to my shop and can pass on there contact info please let me know! Thanks!

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I get mine free. Ride thru town on tuesday afternoon and get just as many loads as I want piled by the curb before its picked up on Wensday morning.There was a company here that was taking large loads like you want to surrounding states, see if I can locate the company for you and get a price.

3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

how do i get pine straw in ohio why don't we use it up here help me out on this I would love to use it in a few of my landscapes.

4. MudslinginFX4

Drew Gemma, I think it's another one of those southern things! It is a good money maker and really looks good in my opinion, I'm not sure why people up north don't use it.

5. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You dont see it much here in oklahoma either

6. MudslinginFX4

Wanted to bring this back to the new posts... still looking.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

ECM, if it would help us get a better price for even a larger amount I'd be willing to split it with you if the price was right.

8. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

9. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

At the nursey's here it is $3 per bale to the general public. If i buy in bulk i can get it for $2.25 per bale. If i call the dealer direct and get 1000+ bales i can get it for $0.75 to $1.50 per bale depending on what kind of mood they're in. Go figure.

10. MudslinginFX4

Brian, thanks for the link and the PM, I think I have called them before but i need to look back at my records. If I remember correctly they are still around $325+ for 1200 bales.

Mike, maybe we could work out something a long those lines and get a discount. I know there is actually a great place in Greensboro that sells in mass amounts that I found on the internet but I can't get the price down low enough to even bother buying. I am buying it from Family home and garden for $3.00 slash florida and $3.50 Longneedle NC here in Raleigh currently. I am really looking to pay no more then $2.50 per bale if i order a large amount at a time.

B&B.... where do you get it that cheap? Is there anyway that you can get me the contact and see if they could send a truck load my way? PM me with some information if you want.. maybe we can work something out.