Pinestraw

Yo Jesup:<p>I think most guys here in Columbus, Ga area. Are paying about $2.00 - $2.50 per bale, if they are buying in quanities of 100 or more bales.<p>Just got to be careful it's been so dry, lots of sticks, pine cones & good ole Stickers in them.<p>BTW, How's yo Business Going?<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

Hello:<p>Pinestraw is what is used mainly for mulch, here in Georgia anyways. Don't know about other places?<p>Big market for Pinestraw, quite a few folks get awful rich gathering & selling pinestraw.<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
You mean to tell me you don't have pine trees in Joisy? Pine straw is the needles that are normally green on the PINE TREE. When they fall off they are brown, they then get baled up like hay and sold for mulch in beds.................down here in the warmer climates, very common.<p>Now................what the heck is &quot;ROOT MULCH&quot;? I have a wierd visual thing going on here.<p>Homer

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have found the mulch vs. pinestraw boundary runs right across the Virginia/North Carolina border. A friend of mine in NC puts down primarily pinestraw and just a bit of mulch and I do all mulch. I wish I could do only pinestraw, that stuff is so easy to spread and lightweight compared to mulch. And you can charge per bale (easy pricing).