Pipe Longer than 30'

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I may need to run pipe under pavement 30'+. The property owner doesn't want any connections underneath pavement so can't use typical 20' runs of pvc. It will be a mainline 1.25" or 1.50". What are other choices besides pvc? I'll be running pvc to and after the point of the pavement so I'll need to connect to whatever I run under the pavement.

OP
A

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Roll of poly.
I'm in the south so poly isn't commonly used so honestly I'm not familiar with it. From reading on here seems many who live in the land of poly advise not using it as mainline. Care to elaborate further?

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
1.25" poly pipe is used all the time for mainline. It comes in a 100 foot roll and is rated for 100 psi. If you are really concerned about failure then step up to 200 psi but it can be tough to work with. When installing just make sure the pipe doesn't kink or get folded over. It uses gray fittings with barbs. Home depot usually stocks the stuff.

stebs

LawnSite Senior Member
Put my vote down as hdpe poly (fused). Most everything on my course is hdpe 2”-8”, mainlines and laterals. I know 2” and 3” can be had in large rolls, and I’m sure you can get smaller as well. your supplier should be able to cut you off a piece to whatever length you need and then some may even have the equipment on hand to fuse on a polycam fitting so that you have threads on each end. If your supplier can’t fuse it, your local natural gas service guy probably has a fuser and might be able to be persuaded to fuse your ends on for you.

The pic is a 4” hdpe main with saddle, then pvc through 2” ball valve and electric valve, then polycam fitting threaded into the valve and fused to my 2” hdpe lateral

85B92984-69A5-4D82-AADC-EF6C7920BB94.jpeg

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
I was recommending using poly through a sleeve. Since. You just need to put a male adapter or similar on either side to switch back to your pvc. I’m in the south too. Look at your well most likely it’s poly.