1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pipe Puller or Trencher

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hect911, May 2, 2006.

1. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

I am thinking of buying a trencher for residential sprinkler installations but I have been reading a lot of good things on pipe pullers. What do you guys recommend? Trencher or pipe puller?

I want something that will be used for residential installations but can be used for light commercial.

Thanks for advice
    Hector G.

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Really ya want both, A site where there is exsiting turf we use the pipe puller and in 4 days you cant tell we were even there. However on new construction sites a trencher will save you time cause everything will be exposed. It will cut down on the hand digging big time.

However if I had to choose one I would choose the puller. Good luck.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Pick up a Ditchwitch 410sx with the trencher attachment and have the best of both worlds.

:)

4. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

I will start looking for a DW 410SX.

5. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

Is there a smaller version of the DW 410SX.

How about the TORO Dingo?

6. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Hect,

Three options you can check out with Vermeer.
    LM-42 which will be similar in size to the 410. The LM-25 smaller brother to the LM-42 with great productivity and if you want to go to the tool carrier route check out the S600TX with vibratory plow. It has the same shaker as the LM-25.
    All of the machines listed above come with a vibratory plow and a trencher attachment if desired . An option for a boring attachment is also available. Check out the website link above.
    Jon

7. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

The Ditch Witch 410 I think is far better the the LM 42. We have 3 410's and 1 LM 42 along with 3 LM 35's

AndersonTurfIrrigation.com

8. DarkLotus

DarkLotus LawnSite Member
    from Florida

agreed!!! or a maxi sneaker from Case