1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

pipe puller question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by itteitj, Dec 7, 2004.

1. itteitj

itteitj LawnSite Member
    from RI

Will the Ditch Witch 100 sx pull a 1 inch poly pipe (100psi). Southern New England geographical area.

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

never used one. but thier website says it will pull up to 3/4" pipe for irrigation. It looks a little light to me.

3. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I've used one to pull 1 inch poly. It was in a yard with some areas of rock. In the soft areas it did ok, not as nice as a Maxisneaker, but it worked. It was not so successful in the rock area and required a lot of digging to set some areas of the line.

They entire experience was less than satisfying, the darn thing worked me to death. I've use a Maxisneaker and an old Turfco and both were a lot less work than the DitchWitch 100.

4. Fatheroftwo

Fatheroftwo LawnSite Member

I use a 350sx to pull pipe in the south, but I've seen 100sx pull pvc pipe around here before up to 1 1/4. Just food for thought.

5. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

a DW 100 will be very limited even with 3/4 pipe after about 50' unless your lucky to be pulling in nice sandy soil. The heavier the better!
    Are you in the market for a machine? I might know of someone selling a DW255
    Shoot me an email we are also out of RI
    Paul
    P&G Irrigation
    pgsystems@cox.net