1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

PJ dump trickle charge not working, hardwiring to truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pitrack, Jan 15, 2013.

1. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I was planning on doing! Except I was just going to run from my truck batter, fused on both ends, instead of from my alternator.

My did the same thing, when I first got it I could dump all day now I am lucky if I get 2-3 before it needs a charge.

2. 711SnoPro

711SnoPro LawnSite Member

Had the same problems with our pj gooseneck dump we use for snow. Wired in 1 gauge wires to one of the batteries with a 150 amp fuse and did the plug in on the bumper and it was the best thing ever. Before that I was putting a gas generator in the pickup box with a charger plugged in to keep the stupid battery charged haha

On my new pickup I had the guys that put the gooseneck hitch on do the same thing except had them put the power plugin for the hydraulic motor right by the 7 way plug in the box for the gn trailer wiring. I was starting to have corrosion problems even with a cover on it so putting it in the box should keep it clean. I can try to get a pic tomorrow.

3. pitrack

Good to hear! Did you hook up a ground as well or just run a power wire from your battery?

Pics would be great.

4. pitrack