1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

PJ trailer worth the extra cash?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cuttenup, Feb 12, 2014.

1. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

Wow, mine too. I bought mine new last April (7'x14') but I assume it sat on the lot the entire winter before. I bought it, put it in our cold storage for awhile until I started work.

When I got it out, the powdercoat was flaking in spots around the rim that runs along the top of the trailer, and some of the welds.

Other than that, it is a great trailer. I had problems with it charging from the truck but that was a fuse/relay on the truck issue. It's a sharp looking trailer and well built, other than the powdercoat. I took pics and sent to their warranty department and got $850 back.

Not sure what it looks like after this winter, it's in the shed and I haven't looked at it since December. There's probably rust in the bed of it where the powdercoat wore off from use last year.

2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I will have to try that and see. When I called I was told that there was zero warranty on the paint. That would be fantastic is I was getting quotes on having it sanded and repainted with an enamel paint
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

I sent the pics to warranty@pjtrailers.com

I don't remember the details, and I don't think it does cover the paint, but the trailer was new so they covered it. They offered to repair it if I took it back to the dealer but it's 2 hours away and I told them I don't have the time. So they sent a check.

4. ROC lawn and landscapes

ROC lawn and landscapes LawnSite Member

Check out Stateline trailers (hull trailers). Located in braddyville iowa but with the low cost + delivery capabilities they are way cheaper than PJ with a MUCH better warranty! Check out the website... They have their prices on there.