Plan-It Graphics Work?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GravelyGuy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I am about to have postcards designed through Plan-It Graphics. The designs that are on his website and the designs I've seen some of you post up look good. Do they look this good once they are printed?

I am looking to get 10,000+ made to get the quantity discount so I want to be sure that they are going to look good when I get. By the time I get them I won't have time to do anything else. Anyone have experience with turnaround time with this guy, is it pretty fast?

Also, I was was wanting to go with 4"x6" postcards that I will deliver door to door. They are the cheapest and I'm going with volume.

Thanks for the help.:)

2. philipaim

philipaim LawnSite Member

just ordered 10,000 door hangers myself today. Everything that I've seen and heard so far sounds great.

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

How did the design go for you? Did you tell him exactly what you want or did he just kind of go off of an idea?

Thanks...

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

You email him with your number, he then calls you. You tell him what you want (you can tell him if you liked one of his designs or he'll come up with one just for you), he will send you the rough draft by email, you tell him what changes to make if any, then he sends you a copy of the changes and if your happy he'll send them to you as a jpeg file. I had him create my postcards but vistaprint is printing them and mailing them.

5. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thanks, is there a particular reason that you went with Vista print instead of him? He charged you $150 right?

I've had some really shi!tty work before on things like my business cards so I'm kind of nervous ordering prints online, especially 10,000;)

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Because I am only mailing to 2500 homes that I want to target, vistaprint rates were alot cheaper on the mailing end of it. He told me that vistaprint's print quality was ok, but not as good as his. I have seen vistaprint's stuff before and it looks fine to me. His price for printing them is really good. For me, I am targeting areas I currently work in but where soliciting is not allowed, so my only choice is mailers.

7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

What kind of turn around time was it for you with his design?

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

He started Friday night and by Monday I had the JPEG (or finals). Might could have done it sooner but it was superbowl weekend.

9. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

Bob does a very good job. I had him design my logo, postcards, and door hangers all of which turned out excellent. I had someone else do my printing so i can't speak on that. Also i found his turn around to be pretty quickm

10. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

Great guy to deal with I ordered biz cards and postcards. Quality of print was great and turn around time was less than a week. Takes 1-2 days to print and they come off the west coast ground shipping so that will take a little bit. I am happy with mine!!