1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

plant bed weed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by byrd_gpm, Jun 14, 2008.

1. byrd_gpm

byrd_gpm LawnSite Member

I've recently acquired property that has mulched plant beds and rock plant beds that have major weed issues. Does know what herbicides I can use to control the weeds. I'm already using glyphosate to take down the weeds, but i need a good mixer with it to help keep them down....PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

wht kinda weeds , perennials , annuals ?
    More info

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Gallery & Surflan, Dimension, Barricade-Just to name a few.

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Simonize has always worked well for me, But around here its put down Sept.28-Oct.16, Pre-emergent

5. ArizPestWeed

I am not sure , but , I believe pre-emergents will not control perennials

6. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

This late in the season a good product that has worked well for me would be a heavy dose but I might try.

Spray beds with a product called Produce Lesco sells it. It is a combination of Glyphospate and Prodiamine(Barricade)

Next I would apply a pre-emergent product called preen you can find it at Wal-Mart. I know some out ther will say SNAPSHOT, GALLERY 75D, SIZOMINE and on, and on. They are all great products. I like preen cause
    1) It works for me
    2) A bottle of it covers 1200 sq ft for like 12 bucks which is a heck of lot better that buying a bad of snapshot for $100 dollars but I also know snapshot goes a heck of a lot further in its 25 or 50 pound bags.

7. ArizPestWeed

When I but the equivalent of Preen , called , Surflan , it cost me $1.50 for 1K sq ft