1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Plant Choices???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TScapes, Mar 22, 2005.

1. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I am having a brain block on this project....
    We are replacing Dogwoods that have out grown their 4x4 beds and replacing them with something else. This is on a commercial site that faces southeast, with no irrigation. The pads are 4x4 and in between colums for this building. Obviously height (<8') is a concern, as is anything that will out grow the 4x4 area. They want something with some height, preferably 4-5' but they would also like it to be low maintenance. There are 12 of these plots along one building and 11 along another. Uniformity is an option but not a necessity.
    I was thinking a dwarf crepe with stellas or var. liriope under them, but if not trained correctly, the crepes will out grow that 4' width. I also thought about a smaller foster or nellie r. stevens, a yew, nandinas, laurel.....
    Any other ideas?????

2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody with some ideas? Just looking for some other insights.... any would be appreciated!

3. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

The Crepe should work fine. Easy to keep them from getting overgrown.