• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

plant install

hamsandwch

LawnSite Member
Hi, guys just wanting to see what everyone is charging for plants. I currently have a couple of customers who want about 20 plants installed each. they range from 1 gallon to 15 gallons and a couple of 20-gallon plants. The first install is easy to access, they are 28 plants most 3 gallons, and a few 5-gallon plants.
their mulch bed is right next to their driveway. no cleanup is required I put down topsoil and mulch last month so it's very easy. They bought the plants, so I have no idea what the price of the plants is. I generally charge about $90-$110 an hour for 3 people and we wouldn't be prepping any beds or anything hard. So I guess just charge them a set price for each plant then add hourly? what are you guys charging? i live in southeastern Nc, its a pretty average pricing here from what I know, thanks in advance

Youngandfree

LawnSite Silver Member
Are you putting plants in mulch beds you've already put fresh mulch in? If you know what the plants are, you can find out the price of them pretty close. I wouldn't warranty them either since you didn't provide them.

OP
hamsandwch

hamsandwch

LawnSite Member
Are you putting plants in mulch beds you've already put fresh mulch in? If you know what the plants are, you can find out the price of them pretty close. I wouldn't warranty them either since you didn't provide them.
yes, I am. I'm also not giving any warranties, i never do lol too many variables man,
I straight up tell them before any work is done and they don't seem to have a problem with it.

SS Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Are you picking out and purchasing the plants, if so don't forget to add that time into your rate. It's also common to add 15 to 20 percent markup if buying plants from a wholesaler. Do all 3 people have the same skill level and knowledge of planting? If so, that's about 9-10 plants per person, divided up. What time frame do you think you could plant in?