• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Plant sofware?

nlminc

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm thinking about purchasing a software data base to use along with my Proscapes software. I know some members use Horticopia, but I was wondering if the cd set by Michael Dirr is worth the shot. It's considerably less money and has a ton of images.

If you were to buy the Horticopia package, what is the main difference between the XE and SE when it comes to sales?

Thanks

Dreams To Designs

LawnSite Bronze Member
Horticopia will be an invaluable tool for information and presentation. The Dirr CD's contain great information and photos, but does not have the presentation capabilities or broad coverage that Horticopia has. The XE version contains much more information as well as adding the available needed portfolios. A new version, update or internet access is reportedly in the works, as the the proliferation of new plants has been huge lately.

Kirk

OP
N

nlminc

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks. I ordered the EX version today. I'm looking forward to using this one!

OP
N

nlminc

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks Kirk and Dave. I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem navigating the sofware, but your offers to help are much appreciated! I'll let you know what I think of the program after I give it a run.