Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys warranty at all? Our unofficial policy is that we'll replace plants within the first week, for transplant shock, or if we make a mistake and install a plant where it shouldn't be, but these instances are rare. In other words, at our discretion.

Our official policy is that we do not warranty the plants at all.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Used to do the year thing, but no more. Now it is just one month. Too many factors arise in a year, even three months, that could cause plant mortality that have nothing to do with us. Often it is poor plant selection by the original designer. Sometimes unidentified critters in the ground, moles voles etc. One time I replaced three $150 trees that died during the summer following installation. They had been irrigated by us, professional system and all.
Only to find out that they had been having a housesitter come and go during the summer who had a habit of unplugging the controller to plug in their amplifier for jam sessions; leaving it unplugged for their two week stay, then plugging it back in when they left. I didn't realize this until the fall when I came to shut the system down. Since I couldn't prove it, I had to eat the cost.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Used to do the year thing, but no more. Now it is just one month. Too many factors arise in a year, even three months, that could cause plant mortality that have nothing to do with us. Often it is poor plant selection by the original designer. Sometimes unidentified critters in the ground, moles voles etc. One time I replaced three $150 trees that died during the summer following installation. They had been irrigated by us, professional system and all.
Only to find out that they had been having a housesitter come and go during the summer who had a habit of unplugging the controller to plug in their amplifier for jam sessions; leaving it unplugged for their two week stay, then plugging it back in when they left. I didn't realize this until the fall when I came to shut the system down. Since I couldn't prove it, I had to eat the cost.
I went to install two small pots for a new customer, she clutched her pearls when I told we don’t have a 30 day warranty, in fact we don’t have a warranty at all. She then went on to say she won’t be around for the next week to water these pots that will sit in full sun at 90 degrees. I told her we’ll need to reschedule and packed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts