• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

planter bed redo

rb_in_va

LawnSite Member
Here are some pics of a planter bed I renovated at my house. The finished product looks sparse, but I still plan to put a Japanese Maple back by the hose reel. I have some annuals that should come up from seed too. Next year I will fill in some more if need be.

before.jpg

afterbed1.jpg

afterbed2.jpg

OP
R

rb_in_va

LawnSite Member
A big improvement on what was there. It does look a little "empty" to me though. Good job.
The "empty" spots will be filled in with annuals and possibly other perrenials.

About the border, I want to put in a natural stone border but it's not in the budget right now.

OP
R

rb_in_va

LawnSite Member
What'd you use for the tearout of the old stuff?

Looks like a good improvement
What did I use? Bypass loppers and a shovel. Thanks for the compliment. It will look much better in 2 years when those plants mature a bit. Might put some more daffodils, tulips, etc in this fall.

OUTLANDER

LawnSite Senior Member
the muhgo was nice,but i'd of moved it over to in front of hose reel,and maybe some rock features around it...coulda been really nice

RedMax Man

LawnSite Platinum Member
Isn't that edging those brick interlocking patio blocks that can be bought at Home Depot?