1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Planting Burning Bush

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Green Acres, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bid to plant 40 burning bushes (no mulching). I was wondering what someone might charge for labor to plant these. They are 5 gal pots and are just going along a foundation of a building. My cost is $20 per pot. Thanks

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Do you have an auger? I think it would take 8 man hours for everything from plant pick-up to watering in. So multiply that by your hourly rate plus equipment wear. For me that would be about $500 labor w/ no guarantee.

3. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

$2,000.00 one year guarantee.

4. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

$1500.00 plus one year warrenty

5. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Ofcourse, it's different everywhere you are but i would try at least 2.5-3 times the price of the plant. That should cover labor and a one year warranty.

Hey, husky. I went through the same program at psu. Graduated in dec 2000. Is Larry Kuhns still teaching? Still competing in ALCA competitions?

6. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

I would bid $1800 if we can auger the holes with a Dingo.

7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

We try to avoid augers to prevent soil compaction, or the need to eradicate that kind of compaction.

That sounds like a 1 day project for 2 workers with a shovel.

Guarantees are up to you.

Sounds like a good project for about $800 of labor + profit over plant cost.

8. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Shovel? Where is the rope or the cord?

I agree that 40 #5 plants is shovel work. But if I already had a Dingo and auger I'd use it.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Compaction? I am familiar w/ glazing the hole, but not compaction.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Buy each plant for $20.00 and install for $60.00 a plant, should't even take you all day.