1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

planting Pacasandra

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by killerwill34, May 16, 2006.

1. killerwill34

killerwill34 LawnSite Member

I received a call stating that roofers had ruined a bed of pacasandra and that he wanted to plant a lot so that it looks good again. he wanted like 200-300 pacasandra planted in the garden beds. I don't do a lot of planting, but what does everyone else get to plant them, or other things. any ideas would be great. thanks

2. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

80% of the cost of the plants and includes gaurentee. should be a real easy job. sounds like alot but isn't.

3. killerwill34

Anybody have any ideas on pricing, i have an idea of what i want the price to be for labor in my book, but i don't want to undercharge and get ripped off

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

You should have a standard labor rate per hour. just did a job like this. Flats were $9-$10 at the nursery, I charged $20 per for delivery plus my hourly rate to install. Don't forget to use some mulch.

5. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use a cordless drill with an auger bit to drill the holes. This makes the job go a lot faster.

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, some things are cheaper in Jersey. Flats of 50 will cost around $25 here. You can do around 100 an hour.

7. killerwill34

$25 for 50, im paying $15 for 100, ur getting screwed man, find a place that sells them cheaper!!!