Plantscape Solutions Thread

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping Banned

Keep us posted on how the putty's perform..
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

I don't usually do much in the way of commercial work but my church client built this new amphitheater since last year. I floated the idea to light the roof since it has cool arches and they liked my suggestion.

It's going to be a year round display so I used the Lite-Netics cord since clip on magnets will go to crap quickly in the sun and heat of a metal roof. It was not my idea to go year round so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

No lift equipment was used to install. It was all done with a safety harness where I walked my guy like a dog on a 50' leash down the edge so he could slap on the magnets.

Life Austin resize.jpg

3. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

that's pretty cool!

4. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

Those are your lights up there.

5. hotrod1965

you'll have to post a shot at night. That's a pretty cool structure!

6. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

If anyone is using much of the C7 stuff I have some bargains for you. I have about 975 Minleon warm white C7 bulbs I would sell for 50 cents a bulb. That would be $487.50 shipped. I also have C7 Lite-Netics cords in 500' and 1000' rolls that I would sell for 60 cents a foot. That's $300 shipped for a 500' and $600 shipped for a 1000' roll.

7. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping Banned

David, did you try out the putty on anything yet?

8. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

The guy had given me the nod to do the job and then backed out and took the cheap incan route which I do not offer. I'm actually glad I lost the job because I think it could have been a real pain in the azz to put the lights on the stone.

I am on page one of Google in the middle of the page and the business is flowing in. If you Google "Christmas light installation Austin" you will see me pop up. I added the slogan "We create smiles and joy" that pops up as the key line on searches. You look at the other sites with generic we install blah blah blah slogans and then my slogan and it really stands out.

You will also notice if you check out the other sites on page one that they pretty much suck. 90% of the jobs I bid I never go to the customers house. I use Street View, Earth Pro, and have the customers text me pictures. It's a pretty bold way to operate but it's working great.

Don't try this unless you have a website that wows people. The second I talk to some people I get the vibe that it's already a done deal. Most guys give estimates on site if they go out and I don't do that either. The customer can wait because I want time to think about their house and exactly what I need to charge for the labor.

I landed a $4K job this morning and I've never met the guy or seen his house in person. I operate contrary to what everyone tells you you should do and I'm killing it this year.

9. hotrod1965

I ran the same way. I even had a spot of the website to upload a picture of your house to get a "free online Quote". I used Holiday Soft to mock up the house. Emailed the mocked up house back with a quote. Worked like a charm!

10. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

I just show people a picture of the over the top 2-4 million dollar homes I have done and it puts them under my spell. No mock up or anything but it sounds like you were pretty slick yourself.