Plantscape Solutions Thread

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping Banned

I bid a house this week for over a $1K, they went with another service. I asked how much the quote was they went with... She said $300, includes product, install & take down. It was a million dollar home or close to, two story. They wanted roofline only. How can someone do that for $300!!? Blows me away.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

There are some idiots out there who have no idea what they are going. I would go back if your in the area and take pictures of the work. It will likely be a mess of incandescent crap with tape or wire nuts holding everything together.

When I first started that stuff bugged me as well. Now i know to brush it off and move on because I know there are a lot of people who will want to use me. This year is epic crazy. All jobs are mostly 2-3K plus.

3. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping Banned

Im in that area regularly so I will be checking it out. It's amazing Someone would put that crap on their home, even after being educated on the difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Thisjm

Thisjm LawnSite Member

I'm running the same way and it works great for us!

5. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping Banned

Anyone still getting calls for holiday lighting?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

Here is one of my Monday projects. The whole roof is getting lights. I will have a guy in a safety harness going along the edge of the metal roof putting lights on the steel gutters. I would do the gutters myself but I'm a lot stronger them any of my workers.

I can hold the rope attached to the safety harness and walk my guy down the edge as he works. I use arborist rope rated 4,000 pounds with an eye hole end that clicks into the carabiner. Don't ever use hardware store rope.

I'm still seeing good traffic but the end is near. After next week the phone traffic will fall off a cliff. I have been getting 6-10 calls a day mostly from my website. I did some direct mail in two batches of 2500 but I'm done with direct mail. The page one of Google website http://plantscapesolutions.net/ is killing it this year.

IMG_2847.jpg

7. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

I just got the heads up to do for a 4K order to go on top of the 4K the guy spent last year. He got a new place on the lake and it needs to look good. Definitely a good year.

8. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

Here is a shot from the cupola dome roof I was putting lights on. This was a 7K job and I almost lost it. I didn't realize they had to have it done by the 25th. I had to go to the UPS terminal to pick up the lights to shave a day of the delivery time or I was going to be the owner of 120 sets of pure white 5mm's that probably would have taken years to sell. The 450 pure white and Red LED C9's probably would have been slow to move as well.

I was cutting it close on getting the job done so we actually put up all the 450' of C9 socket cord the day before we even had the bulbs. The people had just moved into the 2.2 mil house the week before. The owner had a new Charger Hellcat with a few tweaks that was rated at a crazy 780 horsepower. The car sounded amazing.

IMG_20151125_131002768.jpg

9. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

you should have asked for a test drive of the car as part of the deal :)

10. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping Banned

...or at least to throw some of your logos on the car for week as marketing! 😉
    Posted via Mobile Device