1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Plantscape Solutions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

I did a landscape job for a guy a few months back and as part of the deal he had us haul off about 3-4 yards of rock. I go to the guys house today to talk about more work he wants done and now he was a ten yard pile of rocks he has stacked up. My customer is in his mid 60's so I'm impressed he has done this much work.

At least this time I can back my 20' dump trailer right up to the pile and have my guys start chucking rocks like crazy. I estimate this to be a 25,000 pound stack of rocks.

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

3. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

That's a lot of rocks, nice free material though, hope you get an opportunity to put them to good use.

4. PlantscapeSolutions

I started to hear some sporadic low pitch kind of hollow sounding noises coming from under the hood of my 09' Ram 3500. I noticed the water pump pulley had a little more back and forth movement going on then what was normal.

I have had pumps do the classic weep hole leaks to let you know the bearing are going and I've had pumps lock up which shredded the serpentine belt.

I decided to tackle this job myself and after about two hours I had Humpty Dumpty back together again. If you buy your water pumps from Cummins instead of Dodge you will pay about 1/3rd less. The pump from Cummins was $113.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

5. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome that you got to do it on your own. Save some money.

6. PlantscapeSolutions

It would have been a warranty repair but I wasn't going to jump through a bunch of hoops and put my DPF back on just for a water pump repair.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

This trailer came with one feature that can be dangerous. Tell me what looks awry and I'll tell you what I'm upgrading that is a must for enclosed trailer guys.

IMG_0494.jpg

8. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

The vents? Need a way to get exhaust out?

9. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Ahh..didn't realize you did masonry. ...how much experience do you have? I need a reliabe sub from time to time

10. MesaVerdeLM

MesaVerdeLM LawnSite Member

The rear door assist system looks like it's ready to cave in one of your hombres cabezas