1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Plantscape Solutions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Jun 18, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

I've been away from Lawnsite for a while. My next project may be switching to Fortress Mobile http://www.fortressmobile.com for my camera GPS system. Their cameras are integrated with GPS and have better resolution then my Pro-Vision system.

I had two blowers stolen a few months back. I had the car on video but it would not read the plates. David at Fortess says his system will read them way down the street. It's about $70 a month which might sound pricey but I spent about $2200 on my other system.

This new system lets you see video live which is pretty cool. It also sounds more user friendly. I would not need Realtrack GPS anymore so I would only be spending about $50 more per month.

hort101 likes this.
  2. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

That would be nice to have. lost $100 worth of 3/4" of compressor fittings, and one of my 18v DEWALT light in a bucket for sprinkler blowouts after the hook in the compressor bent. blowoutsand. Idid not notice for 5 blocks. Think a truck was following that took them.

Any news on the Earthway hand spreader?

3. EarthWayJK

EarthWayJK Sponsor
    from Laurel

Hi guys,
    Yes, and I showed Matt the SLA (3-D printed) prototype last week at GIE-EXPO. The units looked great on the computer, but after getting it made, we have some adjustments to the size. It's too large and heavy, so we are revising the size and as they say, "back to the drawing board".
    I'll keep you updated on the progress.
    Jeff

View attachment 332325

kawasaki guy likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

Jeff, I hope the hand spreader is a priority and it does not drag on for another year or more. I'm lucky to still have six of the old Scotts hand spreaders so I'm one of the few lucky ones. Most guys are burning through piles of the crap available now and really are eager for your product. I think we are at about the three year mark right now.

I like the new push spreaders but there is an issue where material gets under the tray and trapped in the void.

kawasaki guy likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

Hey guys, last year way my most profitable ever even though sales were down some. This year is looking to crush last year. Everyone seems to have money to spend and my client base is trending from million dollar homes to multi million dollar homes.

New website is in progress and should be way better on the SEO. Trying to greatly expand the landscape lighting sales this year. I really want to concentrate on the higher profit margin stuff that makes thousands per day not hundreds.

How are you guys doing

hort101 and kawasaki guy like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    PlantscapeSolutions

I had two more enclosed trailer built in the last seven months. One Wells Cargo and one Cargo Craft. Both 16' units. The Wells Cargo is better built in every aspect. If you can afford a Wells Cargo it's the best trailer you can buy.

Keep in mind quality trailers have rounded roof edges and cheap ones have square edges. Most trailer places will only stock the cheap ones because most people are cheap.

My trailers were custom made to my specifications and I had to wait 6-8 weeks. There were both about $8500 - $9000 out the door with taxes ect.

S-205 likes this.
  7. Blainethompson

Blainethompson LawnSite Senior Member

Where is the riding at? I’ve run out of places to play here around San Angelo

567A7397-5363-43DA-82C4-5E01903047E3.jpeg
    This is Lexi.