PLCAA

TGCummings

LawnSite Senior Member
I was just wondering how many of you belong to the Professional Lawn Care Association of America, and whether you felt it a good investment or not. I do about 40K a year in regular lawn care sales, plus pick up some extra in trimming, weeding, etc. I currently work solo and pretty much always have (though that is set to change in the coming months).<p>My question is, who's in it and what are the primary benefits to membership, in your opinion?<p>Help me make an educated choice. Thanks! :)<p>-TGC

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Theres another post on this earlier.<p>I'm a member and I think it's a poor value compared to my local memberships.

Toddppm

LawnSite Senior Member
I considered it too, i'm a member of 2 other associations. Theirs is a flat fee, the plcaa wants a cut of my gross i don't think so, same with the naa ,not. I sent for literature from them seems pretty weak, xeroxed copies etc.

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Are they really gonna tell you any more than what you can and will be told on this forum? Sounds hip to be a member of something but in my opinion you are already a member of free info by being here. I don't know what they can do for you and they aren't getting any of my money!<p>Homer

OP
T

TGCummings

LawnSite Senior Member
lol...<p>My friends, you have just saved me money and time. Needless to say I will not be joining the PLCAA, or leaving this forum anytime soon for that matter.<p>Now I'll have some money for a Nilsson book or to pledge to Craig's trip... :)<p>-TGC