Please advise- getting ready to overseed.

clydesdale

LawnSite Senior Member
I had red thread disease earlier in the year that I posted about. I ended up improving the condition with a fertilizer application and decreasing my watering. The lawn is recovered, but I want to take this to the next level. I am thinking of power raking, then aerating a week later and then overseeding. I had been using Lesco Metro Mix, but will be switching to their Park and Athletic mix because it is about 50% KBG, whereas Metro is only about 20%. My plan was to overseed after the aerating. I also saw that I could rent a Classen overseeder at homedepot. Any advice on the method in which to accomplish my goal of overseeding with a higher concentration of KBG? Thanks again for all the help.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
There's Sun & Shade Park Seed Mix too. That's roughly 1/3 each of PR, KBG and Fine Fescues. That and their TeamMates Plus TTTF mix (TTTF, PR and KBG) are the two that I usually use.

OP
C

clydesdale

LawnSite Senior Member
I have to call siteone. I see no athletic mix that is 50%. The park is only 33% and premium athletic is 70%. Sounds like I want the premium athletic.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic

Screenshot_20210905-210301_Gallery.jpg

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have to call siteone. I see no athletic mix that is 50%. The park is only 33% and premium athletic is 70%. Sounds like I want the premium athletic.
Their seed varies by region, by store and by general availability so yes it's best to call. Expect some sticker shock - there's a seed shortage so prices have gone up.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Their seed varies by region, by store and by general availability so yes it's best to call. Expect some sticker shock - there's a seed shortage so prices have gone up.
I looked at my usual supplier. It was showing $225 retail for a 25lb bag!!

I got it for $90 per 25lb bag with contractor discount. Still pricey but not nearly as bad

Top Forums