1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Please check out my site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by jblawns123, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Open for critique and ideas. Every graphic, my logo, work, design all done by myself. It is a work in progress always... much more to add. Love new ideas :waving:

www.kslandscape.net

2. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks GREAT!!! What program did u use to build it?

I like your plowing page, how'd you get the snow falling effect?

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

There is no consistency from page to page. When I clicked on Contact Us I was expecting a page to open and nothing happened.. so I clicked it again.. and again until 3 Outlook express pages opened up on me. There is no way to get back to your home page other then to hit back space a bunch. Too many steps involved to make a payment... keep it simple for the client and have a form on your site to input payment, invoice number and submit that will direct them right to your account. See my payment page...

Overall I like the logo, black background and color scheme but it's too busy with no real flow to it.

Keep working on it and good luck

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I just saw you have a home button at the bottom of each page.. put one at the top too.

5. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job. I think it stands out as being a bit unique and I think you are off to a great start. I do think I would change the contact us to a form like you have on the estimate page. Opening outlook express is not a good option.

I think you picked good photos as well.

6. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

Ken I really like your color scheme ALOT !

I also agree with Tom that navigation would be much easier if a "return" button for the home page was at the top as well.

I dont know if it is my "op sys" or not ... but I could not view any of the Retaining Wall Photos or the middle picture of both the Shrub/Mulch & Lawn Installs photo galleria. I like the color scheme, however your green lettering on the home page is difficult to read (maybe bold would help - dunno).

The only two suggestions I have is that you might want to consider "justifying" your text so that it aligns to both the left and right borders ... I think this would clean up the pages Home & About Us better

The other suggestion I have is regarding the Estimate Page ... possibly providing a "check-box" next to a list of your basic services (to save the potential client some time reducing typing) keep it simple stupid for them - and then still have a memo box for "other" so to speak.

I would also consider making the dialogue boxes or whatever they r called the same size so that when you look at it its uniform.

I think the cleaner and cripser a page is the more it reflects our professionalism in the eyes of the consumer - imho.

7. jblawns123

Great input guys, I love it!!

As far as the outlook contact us, I having changed the links to the contact us page yet, I was working on the script for form mail and until then while the site was up I just directed contact us to email.

As far as the check box contact us page, funny I had that setup that way, and plan to again... I just put the contact us page up last night and plan to do many revisions... its very simple right now, so yes... great ideas.

I had this site up before with almost everything you guys are mentioning, it was kandslandscape.com but i took it down for 2 years and someone cyber sits on my old domain so I can't use it unless I pay them mucho, So I changed to kslandscape.net. I am trying to adapt all the links etc to the new domain name, hence the issue with contact us page. I lost the formmail icon in my cgi-bin on my hosting service, and not sure which one I was using before with my old style contact us page...

I also had a link to home on the top which I forgot to put back up, so thanks for the reminder. As well as a refer a friend, customer letters, and products page... but I am just trying to get a functional basic site without all that jazz.

As far as the payment screen, I agree, too many steps.... but to have a form that you can fill out with crdit card info it needs to be secure, which means having a static ip address and a SSL Certificate.. I had that all before... And nobody ever used it, so I may just eliminate the payonline feature all together.

All great points, and I can tell you put some thought into your suggestions, I will be making changes daily, getting it in the best shape I can before April, so please... keep them coming!!:dancing:

8. jblawns123

Lawnscapes.... Ahhh I see your payment page now, using paypal so I wouldnt need the static ip and SSL.... Nice, very nice..... I like it I love it...

I would like to use a spin off of your payment page if its okay with you... I will try to make it my own as much as possible.

milsaps118.... I used Macromedia Dreamweaver 8... I believe Adobe now owns it and its called Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 of some crap... I like the older version when it was Macromedia

9. jblawns123

Lawnscapes.... nice site BTW.... I love everthing EXCEPT the nav buttons on the left, just the look and text looks too basic to me.... But what do I know, they are just not up to the look and feel of the rest of the site... Very easy to navigate though, I really like it!

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Looks great nice work