1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Please help on price for small install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rockandroller, May 17, 2006.

1. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

I am looking for some help on pricing a install job I just completed. The job included:1) pulling out two small rose bushes, 2) tilling up and ammending the bed about 12x4, 3) then planting 10 new rose bushes, and 2 small cranberry ornamentals.

The plants were already purchased by the homeowner so no guarantee from me. Usually if I provide the plants I charge 1.5 x my cost of material for labor. So for this job that would have been 10 roses @ $30, plus 2 cranberry #5's @ $50, so about $400 total in plants, so $200 labor for me in planting, plus a little for the prep. I finished everything in about 3 hrs. What is the going rate for this. I ended up billing out $180 so, $60/hr for me.

This client is also an A+ so I felt bad with sticking her with a $250 bill for 3 hrs. What would you'll charge in this scenario? Thanks in advance

R&R