1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Please help on price

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by rockandroller, Apr 8, 2006.

1. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

I had a mulch job I finished today where I moved 3 very large piles of composted leaf mulch. The customer had this delivered from someone who works for the local parks dept. where it is free. Usually I charge $75 /yd. to pick-up, deliver and spread, but it is a little different with this job. It took me about seven hrs to move all this stuff, and the beds are quite a way away from the piles as well.

I 'm not sure exactly howmany yards it was , but my guess would be around 10-12. What do I charge? I counted about 33 wheelbarrows per pile. As we all know, mulching the most fun, but it it very profitable, so I want to maximize my profits on this one. Any ideas. The customer is an A+ and they trust my pricing, so I didn't bid on it beforehand. Thanks

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I'd charge them $40.00 per hour, per man. If you did this yourself, which I am assuming and used nothing more than a pitchfork and a wheelbarrow they should be looking at at least $280.00-$300.00. I'd go for the higher end.