• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Please help with 1st job install????

ParkerLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
OK here is what I got. I just went through the Pavetech paver school and it was great. I mainly went to learn how to make all the tedious cuts as I understand the basic excavation and base etc process. I am very comfortable doing my first job except for the pricing process. Please help with what you would install in your area. The area is around 320 sq ft total with part patio and part sidewalk. I will have to excavate with 4-5 inch base sine I am in caly soil add geo textile after I get raw ground graded out and pack the clay first then do my base and so on. I have it figured around 1600 holland pavers with a soldier course and 2 tons of base material and 1 ton of sand along with geotextile and edging. I am doing the install from beginning to end on my own with my normal guys and would like to know what you guys would get for a job like this in your area. All help is greatly appreciated.

NewHorizon's Land

LawnSite Senior Member
At the MAHTS conference they said we should be charging materials around 25%- 30% of the total job. Hope this helps.

chris638

LawnSite Member
Agree with Josh, you are way under estimating your base and sand material. I'd figure a minimum of 5-6 tons of base and 2 tons of sand. Usually a plain holland paver non-tumbled installation will range from 11 to 15 a sq. ft.

kootoomootoo

LawnSite Platinum Member
Agree with Josh, you are way under estimating your base and sand material. I'd figure a minimum of 5-6 tons of base and 2 tons of sand. Usually a plain holland paver non-tumbled installation will range from 11 to 15 a sq. ft.

Hence my point ladies. I wanted to see the line item calculation of 2 ton of base. If they cant be bothered working out what they think it Will cost why be bothered helping. If you knew what they thought it would cost you would have an insight into how much certain people think they need to make.

We all know the sq ft averages........so what.

bishoplandscape

LawnSite Member
Hence my point ladies. I wanted to see the line item calculation of 2 ton of base. If they cant be bothered working out what they think it Will cost why be bothered helping. If you knew what they thought it would cost you would have an insight into how much certain people think they need to make.

We all know the sq ft averages........so what.
I'm with you koot!!!:hammerhead:

neversatisfiedj

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm sure you will get responses ranging from 2500.00 to 7000.00 .
Are you picking up materials ?
Do you have worker's comp on employees ?
Liabil.Insurance ?
SS on site ?
How many trucks on site ?
Your salary ?
Employees salary?
company profit 20-35% ?
Delivery charges ?

OP
P

ParkerLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I have to apologize for sounding like an idiot when I quoted my materials as I was looking at my layout and copied the materials incorrect. I actually have 6 tons of base and 2 tons of sand figured for entire project and 1660 pavers giving myself 10% for broken or bad cuts. I have figured this job at $5200 with materials and labor. I think I am close and should do fine for the first project. I own all the equipment needed to complete the job so that will help out too.