Please help!!!

youthinthewildoutdoors

LawnSite Member
My name is Ken i run a outdoors outreach program here in Dallas,Texas mentoring fatherless youth and taking them outdoors hunting and fishing at no cost to them.I want to start a lawn care business to somewhat control my time with these boys we take them out one weekend a month.Here are my stats and questions below.I WILL NOT BE LOWBALLING GUARANTEED BEEN THERE TRIED THAT!!!!

Stats
1.40 yrs old run a mobile auto detailing business now, Sun and heat no problem.
2.No debt
3.Total bills $1000 a month
4.Only $200 to start will be legal
5.Car right now til i get a truck
6.I can detail and build fishing lures during slow times.

Questions
1.Can this be a business where i can see growth with a 2-4 crews within 5-10 yrs.
2.I have done my years of hard manuel labor can this business allow me to be a manager and marketer after 5-8 yrs. of hard work in the business?
3.Can i find a mentor online who can guide me or is it a hush hush business?

Thank you Sorry so long!!!!!!

Last edited:

417lawncare

LawnSite Member
Questions
1.Can this be a business where i can see growth with a 2-4 crews within 5-10 yrs.
2.I have done my years of hard manuel labor can this business allow me to be a manager and marketer after 5-8 yrs. of hard work in the business?
3.Can i find a mentor online who can guide me or is it a hush hush business?

Thank you Sorry so long!!!!!!
1. Yes there are lawn companies that grow at this rate no problems. Not all companies but one example is the winner of the Exmark award, a 23 year old who started 3 years agon now has 150 employees. Not all businesses will grow like this but there are many on lawnsite.com that have crews of 10-12 guys in 2-3 years.
2. That is the goal of most of us and the reality for a major portion of guys on this site. once you have 12 employees thats 4 crews of 3 you will def be able to get into the management as long as your employees are good enough and trustworthy enough to do the same amount of "hard work" as they would if you were on the job sites with them.
3. Yes there are alot of members on this site that will mentor you to become successful.

Main thing is getting customers and using a profitable marketing strategy. My first year in bus I sent out 5000 door hangers and got 48 clients. So how you market and grow clients will determine how long you will be doing the mowing yourself. Also are you planning on having these "kids" work for you? Are they of legal age to do this work? Are you going to provide ins for them or atleast have workmans comp? SELL SELL SELL thats how you grow.