1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Please ID this plant...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by manfromearth, Jul 5, 2008.

1. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

Thanks!
    It appears to me to be a perennial....pretty blue flower spikes. Birmingham, AL area.

What is this.jpg

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's a blue LUPINE plant, but I'm not 100% sure. If it is a Lupine, they come in a wide range of colors.

I also see a Dusty Miller, Dianthis, Blue Bells, and a couple of Impatience intermingled in the pine mulch.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

3. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

you are right white gardens, they are lupins

4. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

I think the lupine is very pretty...nice bloom with nice foliage. I haven't used it before, but will look into some of the other colors you mentioned. There are a few verbena plants in the picture, also. Thanks again!

5. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

I think the silver foliaged plant is one of the "plate top" Achilleas. The red/white eye is Verbena.

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ya, I was just shooting from the hip on some of the other ones. :nono: Just took a quick glance when I had a free moment on the CPU.

Thanks for correction:waving: