1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Please Recommend Noise Suppressors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BEAR5614, May 15, 2006.

1. BEAR5614

BEAR5614 LawnSite Member

I currently have a set of noise suppressors [like ear muffs] that I bought cheap at HD. They don't do the job [I have a Hustler Mini Z that I use on my own property]. Any recommendations?? Brand names?? Web Sites??

Thanks in advance.
    Joe

2. ferris_1972

ferris_1972 LawnSite Member

I bought two pairs of earmuff style from HD with the built in radio. Best purchase I have made.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Bilsom Leightning L3 Earmuffs have the best rating. Love mine and wear earbuds under them when I want to listen to music. Bought them online at Gempler's for $21. They have a rating of 30 db. They are very quiet but if you want a radio or somthing built in most of the guys on this site like Pelters.

4. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.racequiet.com/

try these out, you can hook them up to anything plus they dont give you heat exaustion like the muffs give me.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

for plain old noise suppression I use Howard leight QB1 banded ear plugs. I am not a fan of corded plugs and these have a solid band between them that I hang around my neck when not needed.

to get a big selection of choices go to
    www.directsafety.com