1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Please tell me you started out like this pic!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Feb 10, 2002.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Ok I didn't have a truck or trailer. I just started out like this. Did anyone else start out like this or should I be embarassed. Whatever brings in the money is the way I look at it.

Jason

my car.jpg

2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I used to do some stuff on the weekend like this. Went into the biz the same except that I had a truck. IMO, you need to trade the car for a truck. They make trucks with a back seat if you have an ankle-biter.

3. outrunjason

from dallas

Yeah this is really funny. I can get well known if I wanted to. Yeah I am the guy with the blue car with a bunch of **** in the trunk. You can't miss me. lol

Jason

4. I would have to say nope.

I drove my Snapper Comet with a small trailer behind it to where ever in the area.

Then I got a Toro GM 117 and did the same.

Then bought a Wb and bought a trailer from K-Mart for $150 and pulled it with the 117.

Thean at age 16 got a '78 Datsun pickup.

And that's all she wrote, cause it took off from there since I could travel more than a mile or so.

Although I had my mom drive me and the trailer to a few places close to age 16 with the station wagon.

5. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

One good thing is you don't live in the rust belt. Hopefully you can pick up a good used truck that is in decent shape. I had a toyota truck for the first go round; it wasn't much but; it got the job done.

6. thartz

One question; Do you have any problems with johnny law because your equipment hangs so far out of your trunk?

7. outrunjason

from dallas

Acutally NO. I was waiting to get pulled over one time becuase it was very early on a Sunday moring and I was going to mow and a cop was behind me. He probably thought I stole all that. But after about a mile or so he pulled off. I am getting a trailer by the way. This is not a good way to do business granted.

Jason

8. thartz

Try to go for the truck if at all possible. It could be a better investment in the long run. If you start to really take off you can buy one really good trailer rather than ending up out-growing a make do trailer and having a small trailer laying around the house collecting dust.Just a thought since the truck is more versitile.

9. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Kind of looks like Tony Stewart this after noon @ Daytona:D