plowing question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JD657757, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. JD657757

    JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago
    Messages: 78

    My truck from the bad crash thread was totaled. The funny thing is the police car I hit only took $3000 in damage. The truck that was totaled was a 2005 2500HD. I had a 8 ft western plow for it. I am now looking at a 2007 F350 psd. My question is can I buy a mount to hook this plow up to a ford or is the plow junk too?
  2. noseha

    noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI
    Messages: 554

    ya...should be a different frame mount. Call a plow shop
  3. grassmanak

    grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 792

    you will have to buy a different frame as well as wiring, probably 800-1000 dollars in parts. Call you western dealer, he will tell you what you need
  4. DLCS

    DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,386

    You will definately need a new truck side mount kit and a new wiring harness for the Ford. My guess would be just under $800. If the old mount and /or harness is still good, you may be able to trade them in to the dealer on the new Ford mounts? If the insurance company will let you have them.

Share This Page