Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my first customers had a major drain issue necessitating the whole area be dug up to replace. These pictures don’t really show what’s going on but it’s better than nothing. There’s very well established roots from mature trees that are upturned and sticking out here and there. Is this possibly something that a guy with my resources could tackle?

Plant Green Vegetation Grass Groundcover

People in nature Grass Road surface Natural landscape Groundcover

Wood Grass Trunk Terrestrial plant Natural landscape

Plant Wood Trunk Grass Groundcover

Let’s see how my actions might precede if I didn’t have you chaps to keep me from doing anything stupid or way above my pay grade.

First of course I’d blow out the leaves to see exactly what’s going on.
I would think to go in with a chainsaw, loppers and maybe a sawzall and remove the exposed roots and halfway upturned shrubs. After that perhaps rent a burly cultivator and break up the mounds and areas without roots to rake and redistribute the soil, maybe add quality fill dirt. I’m planning on renting a slice seeder for my terrible backyard when it starts raining regularly and something like seems like a dandy way to pay for it.

I don’t need this job and it would be getting past my cutoff for taking major jobs in the Carolina heat but I’d be willing to consider it for the experience. I don’t think heavy machinery is “necessary” but the important phrase is “I don’t think” lol. She’s a super nice old lady I could easily break it up into 4 hour shifts on Saturdays. This is a much a question if I could/should even consider this as what would a major landscaping contractor use and do? I wouldn’t even try to rent heavy equipment so no need to warn me about being stupid and getting hurt or sued.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts