1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Plumbing Problem

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JayinMI, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

Wow you would rather run piping all through the stinking house than tie in at the meter? I would walk a job that needed piping in the house. We tie in all systems at the meter around here. Fast, easy, clean and I dont have to take off my boots.

2. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

It's different up north. The meters in many cases are in the basements.

3. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

Yea, I've been up north and seen the basement meters. Tie in at the meter is super simple though. Thats what I would do even if its deep.

4. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

me too but we are programmed to think that way. They are programmed to come out of the house and plow it in. There is a good chance you will do more hand digging in a month than northern irrigators do in 6 months. Different setups and different soils.

5. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

I'll look for it. I'll be gone from AUG 5 til the 17th.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Some meter installs will be on special holder assemblies called "yokes" and they are a whole 'nother story, when it comes to making a system connection in a small pit.

7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Sure it's 1/2" copper?
    The outside diameter of 3/4" copper is pretty close to that of 1/2" pvc. I've had guys mistake 3/4" copper pipe for 1/2" pipe many times.