• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Poa Annua, best control methods?

grassguy_

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a few athletic fields that have just become packed with annual blue and besides totally eradicating and reseeding, how have any of you done with control measures such as Prograss, etc.?

T.E.

LawnSite Senior Member
The best thing I have found is Simazine in the fall, and another round of Pend. in the spring. That is for bermuda turf. Tony

Grassmechanic

LawnSite Silver Member
Prograss will work great, but if you have a bad infestation of Poa, you won't have any turf left.

scweedman

LawnSite Senior Member
Is simazine a pre-emergent or post for poa?

scweedman

LawnSite Senior Member
This Poa is becoming a major pain! Everyone tells me Pre-emergents in the the fall is the best way. It's hard to tell
someone we will get it next year until then your lawn will
just look bad. In the south the heat kills it but the seeds
or still there. ( Dimension)

OP
G

grassguy_

LawnSite Senior Member
I've heard that hitting with Barricade in the fall and then a follow up in the spring will help, just wondering if this has had any success. All I've read about Prograss is that it works but only through numberous treatments throughout the year simply because of the way Poa annua continues to proliferate throughout the season. Thanks for the feedback guys!

T.E.

LawnSite Senior Member
The best thing I have found for Poa is, Simazine in the fall at the max rate, and it will take care of it pretty good. I have testimonials that after this app. the lawns look better than they ever have. Good Luck, Tony

scweedman

LawnSite Senior Member
Just spray the whole lawn as a pre emergent?